I recently had the opportunity to record another another wide ranging conversation with Frieder Kühne for an episode of his excellent Tinnitus Relief Podcast. Frieder is a fellow tinnitus coach who resides in Germany and is the founder of Outring Tinnitus and Mytinnitus.club.
We had a wonderful discussion covering so many helpful strategies, techniques, and tools for tinnitus patients at every level of the habituation process.
In the podcast, we discuss many topics including:
- The PTSD – Tinnitus – Sound Tolerance connection
- The importance of having a long term habituation strategy to address tinnitus spikes after habituation
- The difference between a habituation relapse and temporary tinnitus spike
- Tinnitus in veterans
- What tinnitus spikes are like for me now (including how I handled a spike related to a recent acoustic trauma)
- The most important attributes for long term habituation
- How to train your nervous system to react to difficult moments with a positive coping response
- What spikes are like when you are deaf in the ear with tinnitus
- How to become more confident in your coping ability
- The all-too-common trap of searching for a cure instead of habituation
- The hidden value of tinnitus spikes in building resilience
- Why I believe people have the wrong idea about “Acceptance”
- The importance of taking a multidisciplinary appraoch to tinnitus
- My 3-part strategy for tinnitus habituation
- Using tinnitus-focused meditation for rapid habituation
- Brainwave entrainment for tinnitus
- Yoga Nidra and body scan for deep relaxation
- How to reframe negative tinnitus thoughts
- The reason it feels so hard to become distracted from tinnitus.
- So much more!
Want to work with me 1-on-1? Click here to learn more!