Welcome to the first episode of my brand new Ask Me Anything about tinnitus video series where I will be answering your most pressing questions about tinnitus!
My name is Glenn Schweitzer, and I’m author of the book Rewiring Tinnitus. I also write a monthly tinnitus column at Healthyhearing.com, and for the last 8 years, I’ve worked with nearly 1000 tinnitus patients 1-on-1 from all over the world as a tinnitus coach, helping people to habituate as quickly as possible to find lasting relief from the ringing in their ears.
In today’s video, I will be answering an important question about tinnitus habituation: Can tinnitus be too loud to habituate?
In this video I discuss:
- Habituation as a progression over time
- The level of habituation where most patients feel like they got their life back
- Can very loud tinnitus fade into the background of your awareness?
- Actual vs perceived tinnitus volume
- Can habituation lead to lower volume levels?
Want to work with me 1-on-1? Click here to apply for tinnitus coaching (I offer free 30-minute zoom consultation calls to everyone who applies)
Have a question you want me to answer in a future Q&A video? Leave a comment below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.