Welcome to the next episode of my new Ask Me Anything about tinnitus video series where I answer your most pressing questions about tinnitus!
For those new to the blog, my name is Glenn Schweitzer, and I’m author of the book Rewiring Tinnitus. I also write a monthly tinnitus column at Healthyhearing.com, and for the last 8 years, I’ve worked with nearly 1000 tinnitus patients 1-on-1 from all over the world as a tinnitus coach, helping people to habituate as quickly as possible to find lasting relief from the ringing in their ears.
In today’s video, I will be answering an important question that I have been getting over and over for so many years now: Why do so many doctors and specialists say that there is nothing you can do about tinnitus – that you just have to live with it?
In this video I discuss:
- Why seeking medical treatment is so difficult for tinnitus patients
- Why patients all over the world are incorrectly told by medical professionals that there is nothing they can do about their tinnitus
- Why hearing this from a doctor increases suffering for most tinnitus patients
- Why powerlessness (and not anxiety) is the root emotion at the center of every bothersome case of tinnitus
- Medical hexing and the nocebo effect
- The specific reasons that many medical professionals are not knowledgeable about tinnitus and habituation, or even aware of treatment options
- Why there is always hope for relief, despite what your doctor has told you
Want to work with me 1-on-1? Click here to apply for tinnitus coaching (I offer free 30-minute zoom consultation calls to everyone who applies)
Have a question you want me to answer in a future Q&A video? Leave a comment below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.