Ben runs the wonderful Pure Tinnitus youtube channel and offers tons of great content for tinnitus sufferers.
In our wide ranging conversation, we touched on many interesting topics related to tinnitus and my work as a tinnitus coach.
We had a great discussion and I think you all are going to really like this one!
Topics covered in the podcast:
- The story of my own journey with severe tinnitus and how I found relief
- The biggest obstacles tinnitus sufferers face when trying to find relief
- The challenges I face when trying to help a tinnitus sufferer in need
- Why so many people are told that there is nothing they can do about their tinnitus, and why this is not only untrue but destructive
- The importance of tinnitus specialists building trust with their patients
- The incredible importance of knowing that there is hope
- The differences and similarities in working with tinnitus patients with differing underlying causes
- How the nervous system is involved in tinnitus suffering, and how I came to discover this with my own tinnitus.
- The importance of calming the nervous system when suffering with tinnitus
- The importance of meditation and the meditation based approach to habituation that I teach
- The indirect nature of control a tinnitus suffer has to find relief
- What it feels like to habituate to bothersome tinnitus
- And so much more!
Want to work with me one-on-one? Click here to learn more.